Tuesday 17 April 2012

I don't believe in luck

I came out of school before and got into the car - just as I opened the car door, my school bag broke. I thought - oh, that's lucky. At least my bag didn't break in the middle of the day. How inconvenient would that have been?! That's when I had my epiphany. The fact that my bag broke wasn't lucky. No situation can be lucky if it's even a little bit unlucky. If that makes sense... Let me explain.

The film Just My Luck is about a girl who is supposedly 'lucky', right? Well, the situations she is in all of the time are unlucky. Like when she got her umbrella out just in time so the puddle that splashed when a car drove in it didn't get on her clothes. I mean, wasn't it pretty unfortunate that the car would have splashed her in the first place? The whole situation wasn't very lucky if you ask me.


I know, I'm awful at explaining things, but my original point remains the same. I don't believe in luck. Leave a comment and tell me if you agree.

And also tell me if the word 'luck' doesn't even look like a real word anymore because of how often I used it in this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's just a case of deciding you own fate.

    ReplyDelete